Three new ideas: –
- Choose carefully what you give 100% to
- Have other options in mind when negotiating with people
- Communication – don’t ignore those emails!
I could be more productive if I went down to the primary staffroom at lunch to talk informally. I work in a K-12 school and started the year as a teacher’s aid in Maths in the high school. Now I do 1 day a week TL with K-6. I don’t know the K-6 teachers well because the staffrooms are separate. I need to get to know them more if I wish to initiate collaborative measures in the future.
Advanced skills of influential teachers include:
- Calm, friendly persona
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and get the job done
- Following up on discussions